Cotton Eyewear FAQ
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT SHIPPING, RETURNS, OR EXCHANGES?
If yes, click here.
WHY WEWOOD COTTON EYEWEAR?
- WeWOOD sunglasses are made of a new, eco-friendly technology that uses cotton fibers. WeWOOD has opted to use cotton fiber rather than using plastic or other materials that do not safely break down. Cotton is ideal because it is an organic material that grows plentifully and is not a food source. This allows us to responsibly produce our eyewear without driving up the costs of food.
- No fossil fuels are used when manufacturing
- The cotton fibers used make eyewear more durable than wood as well as waterproof.
- WeWOOD’s eyewear is noticeably lighter than celluloid eyewear.
- WeWOOD plants a tree for every WeWOOD sold.
WHAT KIND OF LENSES DO WEWOOD SUNGLASSES HAVE?
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REGULAR & POLARIZED LENSES?
The standard CR-39 lenses are manufactured by Carl Zeiss and offer superior 100% UVA/UVB sun protection. Polarized lenses offer the increased benefit of glare reduction as well as 100% UVA/UVB protection. The difference can be seen in the Polarized lens’ glare reduction created by the sun's reflection off horizontal planes, such as on the hood of your car, the street, or water. While all of WeWOOD’s lens offerings are top of the line, Polarized will offer the highest level of safety and comfort. With Polarized lenses it may be difficult to read smartphone screens. WeWOOD polarized lenses are not from Carl Zeiss.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY WEWOOD COTTON FIBER EYEWEAR?
- Your new WeWOOD eye-wear is made from cotton. Keep your WeWOOD eye-wear looking like new by limiting their exposure to extreme heat such as the inside of a hot car, as this may cause changes to the shape of the frames.
- If warping or bending of the frames does occur this can easily be fixed by placing the eye-wear in 120-140 degree water for 30-40 seconds or until the frames are able to be adjusted to the correct position.
- To clean your WeWOOD sunglasses, use water and mild dish soap. Dry the glasses with a soft, clean fabric. Avoid paper napkins, as they can scratch the lens.
ARE MY WEWOOD SUNGLASSES COVERED UNDER WARRANTY?
WeWOOD provides a 1 year limited manufacturer’s warranty. Scratched lenses, altered eyewear and eyewear that have been damaged by improper or unreasonable use are not covered under warranty.
CAN I PURCHASE A FRAME SEPARATELY FROM MY LENSES?
The frame only is not available for purchase. The lenses are made to be interchangeable with the original frame. If the frame has cracked or is broken due to what seems to be a defect, you can send it in, and once evaluated as a defect, we’ll replace the frame at no charge if covered under warranty, or for a nominal charge if outside the warranty coverage.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO PURCHASE WEWOOD EYEWEAR FOR PRESCRIPTION LENSES?
WeWOOD frames are compatible with RX lenses. You are able to purchase our eyewear and have the frames switched out at any opticians office. Currently, we do not offer prescription lenses.
IS COTTON FIBER EYEWEAR DURABLE?
Yes, WeWOOD sunglasses exceed the US FDA regulation 21 CFR 8011410 requirements for impact resistance. The fibers used are the same material which gives trees their strength.
ARE WEWOOD SUNGLASSES WATERPROOF?
Yes, WeWOOD sunglasses are waterproof.
DO THE GLASSES FLOAT?
No they do not float.
HOW DO I KNOW WHICH SPECIFIC STYLE WILL FIT MY FACE?
Each product page has suggestions for which face shape each style is good for.
MY GLASSES ARE BENT, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
With cotton fiber eyewear a normal reaction to extreme heat may occur where the frame can bend outward. This can be easily corrected by placing the eyewear in 120-140 degree water for 3-4 seconds or until the frames are able to be adjusted to the correct position.
I HAVE A WOOD ALLERGY. ARE WEWOOD SUNGLASSES SAFE FOR ME?
Yes. This special material is considered hypoallergenic and so far has not had any reported cases of allergy. We recommend to allergy-sensitive people to use the sunglasses for few hours first, and then if no reaction happens, you can wear the sunglasses longer and longer.
I HAVE A NICKEL ALLERGY. ARE WEWOOD SUNGLASSES SAFE FOR ME?
Our glasses pass the most updated tests for nickel and cadmium. Even if we comply with current regulations, infinitesimal amounts of metal may be found. No metal parts touch the skin while wearing the glasses. Metal is only touched while handling the glasses.
*Note that metal hinges are not required to pass the nickel test.